Release date:Waiting for ETA
- Playing time
- 15 min
- Suggested Age
- Number of players
- 2 - 4
- Shipping (estimate)
|Price (incl. tax)||€31.41|
|Price (excl. tax)||€31.41|
|Availability||Release date:Waiting for ETA|
|Game Mechanic||Tile Placement, Variable Player Powers, Grid Movement|
|Game Type||Board Game|
|Playing time||15 min|
|Publisher||Roxley Game Laboratory|
|Number of players||2 - 4|
A non-abstract re-imagining of the 2004 edition, Santorini is a highly accessible pure strategy game that is simple enough for an elementary school classroom. but with enough gameplay depth and content for even hardcore gamers to explore, Santorini is truly a game for everyone:
- Teachable in 30 seconds
- Variable player powers fundamentally influence player strategy
- Huge depth and replayability
- True 3D board that rises up from the table
- Thematic pure strategy gameplay with tons of depth
An accessible strategy game, Santorini is simple enough for an elementary school classroom while aiming to provide gameplay depth and content for hardcore gamers to explore, The rules are simple. Each turn consists of 2 steps:
1. Move - move one of your builders into a neighboring space. You may move your Builder Pawn on the same level, step-up one level, or step down any number of levels.
2. Build - Then construct a building level adjacent to the builder you moved. When building on top of the third level, place a dome instead, removing that space from play.
Winning the game - If either of your builders reaches the third level, you win.
Variable player powers - Santorini features variable player powers layered over an otherwise abstract game, with 40 thematic god and hero powers that fundamentally change the way the game is played.
Since its original inception over 30 years ago, Santorini has been endlessly developed, enhanced and refined by mathematician and educator, Dr. Gordon Hamilton.